Monday, May 2, 2011

Progress of our Garden

As of Monday May 2nd this is how our garden area looks. The sod has been removed and the soil is smoothed out. A big thanks to whoever did all this work! We are waiting to hear about the installation of a fence to protect the garden from deer and other wildlife. Hopefully we will hear soon how that will be accomplished! I can't wait to get planting! My tomatoes are growing out of their peat cups and I want to start my gourds. What is everyone else planning on growing?

3 comments:

  1. I saved the trimmings from my willow bushes and red twig dogwood and plan to create a pole bean run. My tomatoes are also sending roots out of the peat cups. I have several varieties of peppers and basil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started some of my gourds in flower pots last night. Once they sprout they grow fast so I am hoping to have the big garden to put them in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pot of basil, one pot of rosemary, one of spearmint, and one intensely pepperminty herb called mountain mint. That's it this year as we'll be away all of July! Oh I did scatter some wildflower seed in the yard and two little sunflowers are poking their heads up in the middle of the lawn. I think the birds put them there.

    ReplyDelete